Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Friday 18 January 2013

A Delight...The Wonder of SNOW!

Clearly, you've probably seen and 'heard' enough snowiness on Facebook and Twitter to last 'til next Christmas, but it's pretty amazing what it does!

 The amount of people I have spoken to today who normally; on a less white, less fluffy and less chaotic time, I wouldn't even have look at, let alone talked to....well, it's quite phenomenal! 

The mom's at the school; who'd had their share of snow at eleven o'clock, and wanted to take their little poppets out early before it got worse,and the bod's sharing the valuable travel information, so I didn't wait in the shelter for that bus that wasn't coming! 


How precious and delicate the falling of snow is, yet it has the power to hold up cars in lines of traffic for hours (well mine was one and a half!). I saw how much I normally stick to paths, because as I walked from A to B it was habit to walk along what I knew to be the walkways. But because of the snow, I found myself cutting across the grass...it didn't matter because it was all snowy. It got me pondering about making our own paths and that God is limitless..."For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)






 I also got thinking about how we all had to slow down....regardless of how important our schedules, meetings or plans were. Thankfully mine were open to change, and I thank God I didn't get mardy, ya know how we get! Thank God for grace(favour)....actually a friend said the snow could be liken to God's grace...covering everything in a soft blanket of calm.

 I kinda agree....It wasn't a problem for me to cross the road as the cars were in slow motion, I managed to beat the bus to the next stop with two small children in tow....a bit of an adventure really, they enjoyed leaping through the fresh snow chanting "Hop, skip and a jump!" (...and it masks the, "my belly's hurting!" chant which does not help in any race!).


  I did have plans for tonight, today in fact, and I didn't do any of the majorly enjoyable ones which involved going out and about, but I got to rest....Do we rest enough? No really, 'cause sleeping doesn't always equal rest. It was easy to rest over the holidays, but where's the rest on a weekly basis. Is it just me who has to be busy all the time?! But it's not that I consciously think, 'um, I must fill my time! I must fill my time!'...it's just that there are so many things I want to do and need to do. So how do I get balance? Go to the One who knows me best...


  • "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him." Psalm 28:7

  • "Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden (loaded), and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly (humble) in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28,29,30.

  • "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him..." Psalm 37:7



  • "The Lord is my shepherd;
 I shall not want.
 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters,
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
  in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy
  shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever."

 The whole of Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment