Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Wednesday 16 January 2013

AAAHHHH!!! Late...at publishing..but good!

I found that doing a small thing like making a homework list of things 'To Do' it gave me the illusion that I'd done the work on the list...Why is that?! Maybe because it takes me so long to actually study (instead of tea making, checking facebook, eating snacks, wandering onto chores to do) that when I finally start to pick up my pen, I have this great sense of achievement. I think it's because I've finally started to get organised...thanks George!

God is awesome, He answers His children before they get round to actually asking Him.
 "But seek the kingdom of God, and these things shall be added to you." Luke 12:31

Had a great lunch today...happily eating my chicken salad bap, and an dude from my old college came and sat down. It was great chatting about God's word, and being encouraged by the very things written in it that had come alive in me. "The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Amazing how we have the power within us to encourage ourselves, as the scriptures say;

  •  "...stir up the gift within..." 2 Timothy 1:6 (Paul talking to Timothy, but it is true for us. How many of you have ever re-started something after a long break or you forgot that you had started it...well I have, I've got a canvas painting which is half finished!...gotta get that done soon!)

  • "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

  • "...meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still..." Psalm 4:4

  • "I will love You, O Lord, my strength." Psalm 18:1

  • "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" Psalm 103:1 (the whole chapter's good too) 
And there are so many more, I'm sure. If you've never read the bible, or perhaps understood it, find a bible study near you or speak to a few christian friends...God's word is full of encouragement!





No comments:

Post a Comment