Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Hell....sobering thought!

Just seen Les Miserables` and loved it, but there was a point at the end of the film that made me think about death...duh! Well it was more about Hell...and that we will all die one day, and right now souls are feeling the torments of an eternity without knowing God and Jesus.

 It was a sobering thought, and made me want to tell more people about the love of God, and dispel lies the enemy has told, so that they know they don't have to go to Hell or eternal punishment....God has forgiven them.


I've heard people tell me that if God has forgiven them for their wrongs, that's great! They should be fine to walk into heaven and be with Him. Some are quick to say that they haven't done any wrong...some say they don't believe in God and basically don't care.
 There was once a time in my life when I found that if I was doing wrong my conscious would tell me so. (Mainly when I was being disobedient behind my dad's back....was never blatant to his face...). Even earlier than that, taking biscuits out of the cupboard that I hadn't asked for. Using my uncle's girlfriend's perfume from their bathroom whilst she babysat us.

 And that just a few....maybe what I'm trying to say is a few ground rules were instilled in me as a child; not to take things that weren't mine, to obey my dad's guidelines even when he was not there and to ask if I wanted something to eat. These rules helped to shape me as an individual. Obviously, there were more....and they differed as I spent time under other people's roofs, but as a whole they were there for me to grow well, and share to the world peacefully with others. 

OK maybe I'm rambling....to get back, I'll say that back in the day, humans used to 'walk with God'. They could walk and talk with Him 'in the cool of the day'. But God to kick them out of His presence. He had given them a simple guideline and they disobeyed, God was displeased that they'd chosen to obey a liar, instead of obeying and trusting Him. This disobedience stained the generations and man and women grew worst in their rebellion. Deciding that they no longer needed God, as they had the knowledge and love from one another, they made themselves gods, from the work of their hands. 

Today, God has made a way for us to know Him again....Jesus. 

It is written, "God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believe in Him will not die, but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16

Like any wise parent, if the rules or boundaries were broken or crossed, there'd be a punishment for it. Well similiar to that for our disobedience we are automatically going to hell or are due to be punished for ur crimes against God...He's the judge, we broke His rules! If you wanna know what His rules are check out the Ten Commandments...one of them being to Love the Lord Your God. But instead of punishing us, because He loves us, He punished His Son on the cross all them years ago. And He had the power to bring Him back alive again....Easter story (no, not bunny rabbits and chocolate).
Gosh, there's so much more....

God longs for you, the Word say that He's not willing for any to die, but that all come to repentance (to change your mind) Which brings me onto claiming eternal life.....we have a raffle ticket to show that we may claim the prize, should we win it.
 Well, Can we enter into heaven without Jesus? 
It's gonna be no good if we try to claim the prize by saying we saw the ticket but didn't pick it up. Or I know someone who has a ticket. Or even, oh I had a ticket one day, but I've lost it. We need our own ticket to claim our prize.
Jesus is our ticket into heaven.

  • "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (Jesus) John 14:6
  • "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life." (Jesus) John 5:24  
 The Lord's Prayer
"Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory 
Forever. Amen." (Jesus) Matthew 6:9-14
God bless ya...I could go into more, there's so much more! I wanna encourage you to ask questions, hey I don't know all the answers, but there maybe someone who does. 
Email or comment if you want.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment