Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Hitch a ride?! Please?...would ya?

Hey y'all, I didn't forget to write yesterday I couldn't get my phone's keyboard to come up....

Anyway, was so running late yesterday, it made me stop (even though I was just standing at the bus stop!) and think about all the drivers who had an empty seat and were probably going into town. Wouldn't it be good if we got to the level of trust in a stranger that it was the done thing to offer them a lift....I mean if they're going that way anyway, it wouldn't be a problem.



 Okay so I know there's all sorts of complications why we don't, but it would be groovy. Then again when I think about it, I've seen friends who won't give their own friends a lift! Maybe it comes back to the fact that we're all too busy in our own lives to reach out to someone else....I don't know, I'm not saying that all drivers with empty cars should take in hitchhikers, but it's a shame that we're not more in tune to one another....like, "Darn it I'm gonna be late if this bus don't hurry up...ooh there's Bob in his mini!" Bob's like, "Hey Millie, need a lift into town? Jump in!"

Maybe it's our community where we live; is it that are too big or are we just not social enough? I know I'm not social enough, the last time I spoke to my neighbour was.....umm....'nough said.But I'd like to think that if I needed any sugar that I could freely go round. Would I go round if it was toilet paper, I needed? Not sure, but it poses the question; is it just pride? Why do I think that much of myself that it stops me from getting what I need?
Photo

Oh God, get me out of the habit,
of pride when I don't need it,
instead fill me with love,
that will tend to my soul,
even if it hurts and is out
of my comfort zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment