Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Monday 21 January 2013

Little by little....step by step...

Walking through the snow was so tough today! Felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, no matter how hard I worked at it. But the good news is that I made it to the bus and finally home!

 

 

 It made me think about life and how sometimes to get to our goals it's a hard slog. We are working our hardest to get there, but no matter how much energy we put into it, we seem to be getting nowhere.


The only thing, during the walking, that made me aware of any progress were the things around me...the fences, the traffic lights, the people. They were all evidence to my brain that I was indeed moving forward. So how do we know we're moving forward in life?
 It's the things around you....what's surrounding you that wasn't there before? Who's with you? Can they see any change?

 Good if you can learn from what others see, but lately I'm learning that writing things down helps as a landmark...whether it's in a diary, in your phone as a note or text to yourself, or maybe what I've tried, a letter to God...it really helped see where I was. Months later, I found that I no longer felt that way and had progressed into a new way of thinking, also God had answered my prayers!


Keep making those steps, no matter how small....I don't know what your goals are, but we tend to have a generic few...eating healthier, doing your essays earlier, brushing your teeth more often (ok, maybe that's just me!)...lol....



  • "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
  •   "Without counsel, plans go awry (twisted), but in the multitude of counselors they are established." Proverbs 15:22
  • "The steps of a good man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way." Psalm 37:23
  • "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel--that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment