Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Thursday 7 February 2013

Family lesson...

Listening to my sisters has been insightful...."Don't! We're saving them for pancake day!"
This was every sister, but youngest sisters', response to her offering out and sharing half a pack of ready made pancakes.

I wanted to support youngest at her generous gesture, but I paused at the unity of the others....

the pancakes wouldn't neccessarily stay that fresh until then (I was more with the 'eat them now plan'),
but they stood together, reinforcing one another by looking forward to a better day.

I love it! It got me thinking about how sometimes I see one way or reason for doing something which may be quite selfish,
and how by listening to others and sharing their view, I can be part of something bigger.

It reminds me of the letter to the Philippians in the bible;

"Then make me truly happy by loving each other, working together with one heart and mind and purpose.
Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself." Philippians 2:2,3 (TLB)

(Italics are mine; I so, need this right now!)

Now, I don't know what they have planned for Tuesday,
but I'm sure it will be special because they have decided,
together...to make a day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment