Ground Zero's New tower

From the streets of Manhattan, New York....a shiny new building catching the sun.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Oh no! He doesn't let go.....

My eyes were closed for at least fifteen minutes of my lesson today...
 
No, I wasn't asleep!
 


 
I was being lead by a partner around my campus in a sensory exercise.
 
 It was cool when I realised what objects I was feeling, in a way it gave me freedom to explore them in a new way....like I had never encountered them before, and there were no boundaries that had been put in place, except for no speech!
 
 I ended up 'bouncing' off the sheeted plastic of a vending machine (didn't know it was one until someone put money in the one next to me), it was a bit like an upright trampoline...very fun, even made my partner laugh!

It does remind me of walking in the Holy spirit, and trusting in what He is showing or teaching me...there's been times when I followed so far, but then because I thought I'd been there before, or seen something like it, I've lent on that rather than being humble and open.
 
 Maybe that's why Christ said that we needed to become like children to enter the kingdom of God...unassuming, trusting, obedient....
 
 There were a few times when I sensed that 'something' was there, because I noticed a darkness fall over me. I physically braced myself, thinking my guide was leading me into something that was going to hurt me.

I slowed down and cowered; dipping my head in towards my chest as protection, and loosened my hold on my leader's arm; thinking to fend for myself, as I didn't trust where he were taking me.

 Amazingly, he didn't let go of me, he just took it slow and continued to move me into the darkness.He clearly knew what he was doing, as I found myself touching something new and not scary at all.



Wow, isn't the Holy spirit like that sometimes. He doesn't let go!

Know that if you find yourself in a dark place, or even in a valley, that He is with you. His word declares that He will never leave you nor forsake you, and that is the comfort we have.

In fact, there was a time when I was alone at home...no-one was in....I felt like I didn't have a friend that I could talk to....a phone full of numbers and no-one to call!

I sat there and began to wallow and get down dwelling on how I was feeling, actually telling myself that I was 'all alone'.


I can't quite describe this, but I heard something from within me say, "Never will I leave you, nor forsake you!"

For a moment, I had to made a decision!...I had a split second to accept it or turn back to myself...Thankfully, I chose to take in what the Holy spirit was saying to me, and left the self-pity behind.

 (Ya' know, sometimes it 'feels' good to wallow in whatever it is...self-pity....jealousy....bitterness....perhaps, but it isn't worth it. When God sends forth His word into your situation, take it...it might be your only chance!)



"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me;" Psalm 23:4


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5


"...then trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself." Proverbs 3:5 (TLB)


No comments:

Post a Comment